Haryana Staff Selection Commission will hold the exam on 23 July but the candidates are uncertain about the questions regarding the Food supply. Here we tried to fetch the few topics which may help you to prepare for the exam in better way.
1. Introduction to Nutrition, Health and Public Health
2. Nutrients – Proteins, carbohydrates, fat, vitamins and minerals – functions, requirements, food sources, and deficiency.
3. Assessment of nutritional status – biochemical, anthropometry, clinical and diet surveys.
4. Food processing, types of processing methods.
5. Food Microbiology Food spoilage-types, role of micro organisms, factors influencing spoilage, prevention of food spoilage. General methods of food preservation and food processing. Preservation of different types of foods (milk, milk products, meat and meat products). Food born hazards of microbial origin, types, bacterial infections and intoxications. Food Hazards of natural origin – see food toxins, biogenic amines, alkaloids, phenolic compounds, protease inhibiters, phytates.
6. Product development – criteria for selection of raw materials, sensory evaluation objective evaluation, standardization, labeling.
7. Food Laws and Regulations – Essential commodities Act, Standards of Weights and Measures Act, Agmark, Bureau of Indian Standards, Export and Quality Control, Prevention of Food Adulteration Act – Food additives and contaminants, food colours flavouring agents and related substances, sweeteners, preservatives, antioxidants,
emulsifying and stabilizing agents, antimicrobial substances, -Indirect additives, residues, contaminants and adulterants, pesticide residues, contaminants from packaging material, Metallic contaminants, adulterants Irradiated Food, Genetically Modified Food.
8. Surveys – types. Sampling procedures for conducting surveys and for quality control.
9. Occupational health- health of workers in industries safety measures, occupational diseases.
10. Hygiene and sanitation in food sector – pest control measures, Garbage and Sewage disposal, Water – Sources, purification, Hazards Analysis & Critical Control Point (HACCP), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
11. International Organizations – FAO (Food & Agriculture Organization), WHO (World Health Organization), Codex Alimentaruis, ISO, WTO. National Organizations – ICMR, ICAR, Council for social welfare, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare – delivery Health Services in India.
12. Programmes to eradicate malnutrition and improve the health status of people in India.
|Private & Government Jobs Opportunities|
|Work From Home||Bank Jobs|
|Teaching Jobs||Defence Jobs|
|Private Jobs||Government Jobs|
|Police Jobs||International Jobs|
|SSC Jobs||Court Jobs|
|We are updating all sarkari & Government jobs here on Daily basis|