We all are aware of the fact that education is the only pillar that helps us to stand on our feet and for high education most of us dream of pursuing it in a developed nation. The USA continues to be the top choice for students planning to study abroad. If you are among them then in this article, we will give you complete information on how to get a visa in the US if you are not a US citizen.
|Part-Time Jobs ($22/hour) - Apply Now|
|25 Work From Home Jobs ($11- $33/hour)- Apply Now|
|Easy Captcha Solving Jobs($18/hour)- Apply Now|
|Online Data Entry Jobs ($19/hour)- Apply Now|
|Online Typing Jobs ($19/hour)- Apply Now|
How to Get a United States Student Visa
There are five steps to apply and get a student visa in the US. The detailed information is given below:
Apply to a Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) approved institution:
- You should look for a college or institute accredited by SEVP.
- Only SEVP-approved institutions can enroll students in the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) and provide details of documents needed for US student visas.
- After you get enrolled in the SEVIS system you will get Form I-20 if you are eligible for an F or M visa, or Form DS-2019 if you are eligible for a J visa.
SEVIS Fee Payment:
- The SEVIS fee can be paid through online or paper form which is available on US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) SEVP website.
- Pay the fee at least three days prior to your application submission for a US visa.
- The I-901 fee is US$200 for F/M visa holders and $180 for J student visa holders.
- Print the payment confirmation from the website as you will need it as proof at the time of the US student visa interview.
Complete a US student visa application:
- Book an appointment as early as possible with a US consulate or embassy in your country after payment of the fee or you can choose an online visa application: DS-160
- Enter your personal details, work, and education details, Security, background, and medical health information in the online application form carefully.
- Also, upload a recent photograph according to the specifications prescribed and sign the form electronically.
- Once you uploaded the application, you’ll be sent a confirmation page with a barcode, barcode number, and your application ID number which you’ll need to print out and take to your visa interview appointment.
Pay the visa application fee:
- Visa application fee is also known as an MRV fee and can be paid by In person at an approved bank, by phone, and online.
- Print out the fee receipt as it will be required in the future and some J visa applicants will not need to pay application processing fees if participating in a US Agency for International Development (USAID) program.
Schedule and attend a US student visa interview:
You will require the following documents at the time of the interview:-
- SEVIS fee receipt
- DS-160 application confirmation page with barcode and application ID number
- MRV fee payment confirmation receipt
- A printed copy of the visa interview appointment letter
- 1-2 photographs in the format explained in the photograph requirements. Should be printed on photo quality paper.
- Passport valid for at least six months beyond your period of stay in the US
- Signed SEVIS Form I-20 or DS-2019
- Form DS-7002 (for J-1 Trainee and Intern visa applicants only)
You may also need some more documents like marriage or birth certificate, educational degree or diploma, financial evidence, etc.
Note: This article has given you brief but relevant information that is necessary for a US student visa application so read this article completely and carefully.
|Bank Jobs (5000+ Vacancies) - Apply Now|
|Government Jobs (1 Lakh+ Vacancy) - Apply Now|
|Police Jobs (12000+ Vacancies) - Apply Now|
|Railway Jobs (20000+ Vacancies) - Apply Now|
|Teaching Jobs (9500+ Vacancies) - Apply Now|