Deciding on your career and choosing the right path after the 12th is an important and important decision in everyone’s life. Every student dreams of becoming something, earning well, and securing their life as much as possible. Some people make good career choices and achieve what they dreamed of. Unfortunately, due to a lack of guidance, some people don’t make the right decisions for their lives.
Career as an Air Hostess
The flight attendant is a profession that not only ensures a secure future but also ensures a whole new lifestyle.
There are many degrees and diploma programs provided by a few of the best institutes in India. The eligibility criteria and application process differ from flight attendant to flight attendant.
As for the salary, it usually ranges from INR 20,000 to INR 80,000 monthly.
A flight attendant, also known as a flight attendant, is a role with many responsibilities. Provide customer service to airline travelers. In addition, flight attendants must provide administrative assistance to the captain and other colleagues. As mentioned earlier, the role of flight attendant comes with a lot of administrative and customer service responsibilities.
Flight attendants are responsible for the lives of different individuals each day. Their duties range from demonstrating safety procedures to serving food and beverages. Part of your job is to relax nervous passengers during severe turbulence and take care of passengers who are also patients.
Flight attendants need to be very attentive and polite to do their jobs well. They should have great communication and customer service skills. Always educate yourself about the job of flight attendants and job seekers’ responsibilities on what to do on an airplane.
Let’s take a look at some typical flight attendants you should perform with total dedication:
- Before boarding the flight, a pre-flight meeting is held where each member is assigned their tasks such as flight details, passenger requirements, and passenger details with medical requirements and the number of infants on board.
- Perform pre-flight tasks such as checking the availability of safety equipment, its operation, and food supply onboard the aircraft.
- Welcoming passengers with a smile and “Welcome aboard” and helping them to sit down is also part of your duties.
- Inform passengers of safety measures and their implementation in an emergency.
- Make sure that each passenger’s hand luggage is securely placed on the floor.
- Check that all passengers are wearing their seat belts before the aircraft is taking off.
- Offer passengers snacks and food as soon as they are ready and the flight has reached a stable point.
- Provide first aid to passengers in the event of a medical emergency.
- The comfort of each passenger until the flight lands.
- To verify this, each passenger has packed their bags and there is nothing left in the luggage compartments.
- Last but not least, provide a general theft report and make suggestions or make a complaint about anything not on board.
It is always crucial that an individual has specific skills to be successful in any profession. There are many situations a flight attendant has to deal with, such as handling passengers and calming down in extreme atmospheric turbulence or mechanical problems. It must be organized and respond quickly to situations. This profession requires quick thinking, a good memory, and organizational skills.
Here are some additional skills a flight attendant should have:
- Assertive skills
- Business communication skills
- Business etiquette and personal hygiene
- Conflict resolution
- Creative thinking
- Effective communication skills
- English skills
- A genuine interest in customer service.
- Set goals
- Personal skills
- Negotiation skills
- Presentation skills
- Reports and networks
- Stress management
Remuneration / Salary
Typically, a company pays between INR 20,000 and INR 80,000 to its flight attendants. Domestic airlines pay 20,000 to 35,000 INR and international airlines may pay up to 80,000 INR depending on experience. Some international luxury jets can pay between 100,000 INR and 200,000 INR per month to their senior flight attendants.
Airlines offer additional benefits, such as health insurance, pension plans, and discounts on airline tickets. So overall the salary package is great for flight attendant jobs.
Online application and assessment:
Each airline has a list of requirements such as age, height, physical and language skills that each candidate must meet. If you choose, you will receive an online evaluation via e-mail or you will be invited to a personal evaluation to test your communication and reasoning skills.
Introduction to Assessment Day and Physical Test:
During a personal assessment, you will be interviewed along with other applicants. You may also be asked to do a small physical examination.
Group trials and activities:
After physical assignments, selected candidates participate in group activities designed to test their ability to function as a team. After the team-building exercises, you will be asked to do a series of written tests that assess your problem-solving ability, language skills, and comprehension.
The evaluation day ends with a personal interview where the most recently selected batch is interviewed in person by representatives of the airline. The reason for this interview is to determine how well you could fit into your business.
Some important facts about the flight attendant’s career
There is an important fact that you need to know before completing any course. If you choose the flight attendant certificate/title, you may face some career options compared to a BBA or BCA, or B.Com degree with flight and hotel management.
The flight attendant is a recognized and glamorous profession that can change your life. Although you can work as a flight attendant for a very short time, there is a sea of opportunities downstairs once you have the experience. There is no maximum salary package for the flight attendant profession. All you require is a good personality, good behavior, and good communication.