KCET-2018 | Karnataka CET 2018 Notification | Karnataka Common Entrance Test Application Form, Apply Online | KCET 2018 Exam Dates, Paper Pattern, Syllabus
The Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) conducts the Common Entrance Test for admission to the First year or First semester Engineering, Technology, Farm Science courses i.e. Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry, B.Sc. (Agriculture), B.Sc. (Sericulture), B.Sc (Horticulture), B.Sc (Forestry), B.Sc. Agri BioTech, B.H.Sc.(Home Science), B.Tech (Agri.Engg), B.Tech (Food Technology), B.Tech Dairy Tech), B.Sc (Fisheries), B.Tech (Food Science &Tech)., B.Sc. (Agri. Marketing & Co-Op), B.Pharm, Pharm-D and AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, and Homoeopathy) courses for the year 2018-19.
The KCET-2018 application form registration will start in the second week of February 2018. The eligible candidates can register through online mode only from the official website of KEA. KCET 2018 is the gateway for admission in the field of Architecture, Engineering, Pharmacy, Ayurveda, Homoeopathy, etc. Through this exam, candidates will get admission into various institutions/colleges situated in Karnataka state.
KCET 2018 – Complete Schedule
|Examination Authority||KEA (Karnataka Examination Authority)|
|Exam Name||KCET (Karnataka Common Entrance Test)|
|KCET 2018 Online Application Form Registration Start Date||2nd week of February 2018|
|KCET 2018 Exam Dates||
Karnataka CET-2018 | Eligibility Criteria:
The eligibility criteria for various courses in KCET is given below. Applicants are advised to check the detailed notification for further details.
For Engineering/Architecture Courses:
- Qualifying Exam: The applicants have to qualify the 2nd PUC/10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized education board.
- Subject: Postulates must pass their examination with Mathematics & Physics as a main subject & English as a language subject.
- Minimum Qualifying Marks: It is compulsory to score at least 45% marks for General Category candidates while 40% marks in SC/ST category in physics and mathematics along with one of the subjects, i.e. Biotechnology/Biology/Electronics/Chemistry/Computer science.
- For architecture course, candidates have a valid NATA scorecard.
For Pharmacy/Science Courses:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates have to pass their 2nd PUC/10+2 or equivalent with PCB and English as a language subject.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to secure minimum 50% marks (40% in case of SC/ST Category) in PCB group.
KCET-2018 Exam Scheme & Paper Pattern
In KCET (Karnataka Common Entrance Test), a pen & paper based examination will be conducted. In the exam, there will be multiple choice questions. There is no provision for negative marking in KCET. Therefore, No marks will be deducted for incorrect answer.
KCET Paper Scheme:
|Name of Subject||No. of Questions||Total Time Allotted (in Minutes)|
|Kannada (in case)||50||80|
- Applicants can make payment only through offline mode (through the specified bank Challan).
- The application fee is Rs. 650/- for General & OBC category candidates.
- The SC/ST category candidates have to pay Rs. 500 as an application fee.
The KCET 2018 Syllabus will comprise of the syllabus of PUC 1st and 2nd prescribed by the Department of Pre-University Education of Karnataka State. The syllabus for Pharmacy will consist of mainly three subjects, i.e. Biology, Physics, and Chemistry. For engineering courses, candidates have to go through the subjects such as Mathematics, Chemistry, and Physics. The detailed syllabus will be uploaded on the official website very soon. We will provide a direct link to download KCET Syllabus as and when it is available on the website. You can bookmark our page for further details on Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET) 2018.
KCET 2018 – How to apply online?
- First of all, visit the official website at www.kea.kar.nic.in
- Find the link for KCET-2018 Apply Online
- A direct link for the same is given below
- Fill the required mandatory details correctly
- Upload the photograph and signature in respective size
- Make the payment of application fee through the suitable mode
- Finally, submit the online application form
- Take a valid print out of the KCET-2018 Application Form for future reference
Official Website: www.kea.kar.nic.in