Master in Business Administration is one of the popular courses chosen by undergraduate students in India. This is the two-year programme offered by many universities. The programme is extensive as it includes theory classes, practical projects, and various live projects and Internships.
The MBA is offered by universities in various modes like full-time, part-time, online, and distance MBA, among all of them full time is most popular among the students as it provides a great learning experience with placements.
- For full time, candidates must have an undergraduate degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- The minimum score required is 50% in undergraduate for most of the colleges, for private colleges, the requirement for all the categories remains the same but for government colleges, the requirement for OBC/ SC/ ST category minimum is 45%.
- Final year graduation students are also eligible to apply for the full-time MBA course if they can furnish proof of completion.
Top Entrance Examinations Accepted by Colleges
CAT (Common admission test) is conducted by the Indian Institute of Management every year in the last week of November, it is the gateway to 20+ IIMs and 1000+ business schools. The question paper consists of 100 questions which are MCQs and Non-MCQs based on quantitative aptitude, data interpretation, and logical reasoning, and reading comprehension, and verbal ability.
(Xavier aptitude test): It is conducted by XLRI, Jamshedpur, in the second week of January; it is the gateway to 10+ XAMI institutes and 700+ Institutes that accept the entrance examination scores. The question paper consists of 100 MCQs questions from Decision making, quantitative aptitude, data interpretation, general knowledge, and logical ability.
(Symbiosis National Aptitude test): It is conducted by Symbiosis International admission for admission in 16 of its institutes. The exam is conducted in the mid of December every year. The question paper consists of 60 questions from 3 sections which are general English, data interpretation, and analytical, logical reasoning.
There are various specializations in which MBA can be pursued, some of them are listed below:
- Information Technology
Bachelor in Computer Application: It is a three-year undergraduate programme chosen by students who want to learn computer languages. The admission is conducted by different colleges through merit-based and entrance examinations.
There are plenty of reasons to pursue BCA as an undergraduate, the course is equivalent to the B.Tech. The student gets an opportunity to learn programming languages such as JAVA, C++, Python, Linux, etc. which enhances technical skills and placement opportunities as well.
Options after Bachelor in Computer Application
Candidates can pursue various courses after this programme such as
- Masters in Computer Application
- Masters in Business Administration in Information Technology
- Masters in Computer Management
- The candidate who wants to pursue BCA must have a 10+2 or equivalent degree in any stream with a minimum of 50% aggregate score.
- The candidate with a Science or Information Technology background gets an advantage in the admission process.
The placement of the programme is offered in various roles like Software Developer, System Analyst, Web Designer, Technical Associate, Customer Support Technician, IT Technical Support Developer.
The salary offered to the students according to their work experience is mentioned below:
|Years of Experience||Expected Salary|
|0 to 1||INR 2 to 3 LPA|
|2 to 5||INR 4 to 7 LPA|
|5 to 10||INR 7 to 12 LPA|
|10-20||INR 12 to 30 LPA|
The top companies that recruit the BCA candidates from different colleges are Flipkart, TCS, HP, Aricent, Capgemini, and Cognizant.